Hello
Hello. So, I just formally accepted an invitation from the Peace Corps to serve as a small business development volunteer in Burkina Faso. I'm planning on using this blog to keep everyone updated on what I'm doing. I have no idea how often I'll actually be able to post things, but hope I can at least post once a month. There's another Peace Corps volunteer in Burkina Faso at the moment who's been blogging, and he seems to be able to update his site at least once a month, so hopefully I will be able to do the same.
Staging (pre-orientation in the U.S.) begins on July 30, and I leave for Burkina on August 1. Training lasts until October 21, and then I begin... well, doing whatever it is I'll be doing. And my two years are up on October 21, 2007. Of course, I've already learned to never trust any dates that Peace Corps gives you, so who knows when I'll actually be going where.
4 Comments:
Good luck with that.
Kaitie
lets hope he doesn't get qhacked, right kaitie? hehe
October 2007?!? I think I need some sort of diagram to understand just how long from now that is. The diagram should also have a reference to an Alternate 1985, and be narrated by Christopher Lloyd.
hey chris! i didn't know you were doing peace corps. that's awesome. good luck. take pictures and shit, they're cool.
Post a Comment
<< Home